How serious are my dad's health risks if he has the following stats:

Posted , 2 users are following.

232 lbs, 5'9", age 63,

triglycerides 205 mg/dL,

cardiac risk ratio 5.2,

A1C 6.1,

glucose level 105 mg/dL,

multiple ancestors who suffered fatal heart attacks (including his father)

I have been trying to get him to lose weight and need to know how serious his test results are at his current weight. Thank you! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think you would be better talking to medical professional about such statistics however your Dad's GP would not be able to discuss this with you cos of medical in confidence - if your Dad was in agreement perhaps you could visit somebody together who would be able to explain what these statistics mean in relation to your Dad's health - whilst it is admirable that you care so much about your Dad and want to help him, it really is down to him to lose wgt and take responsibility for his health status and unless he wants to do this, with the best will in the world, I do not see how you will get him to do so otherwise - obviously he is over wgt - you do not need to be a doctor to determine that fact -  you could guide him in the right direction - help him with food choices - try to get him to swop unhealthy options for healthier foods/drinks but it would need to be with his co-operation - good luck and hope you manage to make a difference fo r  him

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.