How serious is this overdose?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My friend messaged me saying they took 4000mg of aspirin, 3000mg paracetamol, 1000mg ibuprofen and 26mg diazepam. I'm trying to talk to them about it and tell them to go to the doctors. Are they at any serious risk? What kind of symptoms could this lead to? Please help.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rachel and vickylou. ....that certainly was a very unpleasant individual. .....any overdose. ..even if not THANKFULLY FATAL....is a desperate cry for help.....many....many thanks for your comments. .....peace and hugs always. ...dee xxxxxx
  • Posted

Hi vickylou...thank you so very much for your post.....

Things have been very up and down for quite a long time....

I am struggling with my drinking at the moment....after so many years of being well...not everyday .....but too often. !!!!

I still worry constantly about the future of my three sons when we are gone.....we own the house....but the thought of the one who goes last is unbearable....we have a daughter.....who sadly does not care about them......( all three have mental health problems )

At one point I am ashamed to admit.......I seriously thought about murder suicide....I know you cannot change the future...but I also hope that I die before my husband......

Sorry this is a bit of a miserable post.......but very many...many thanks for your post lovely lady........big warm hugs......keep well...xxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.