How should I stop propranolol

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking propranolol 10ml so since 2 weeks now and I don't like the side effects...few days ago I had to be rushed to A&E as my blood pressure was high and my body so weak and feeling so dizzy... I want to stop them but really don't know how...My GP gave them to me for my palpitations witch I have them since a year now but this tablets doesn't seem to work for me and my Gp won't listen to me....I don't know if I have a heart condition or if I am just over anxious....I'm just so lost here....

Any advice?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are you still taking them?I am on 10or 20 for 2 weeks and want to stop but worried about side effects,Thanks
    • Posted

At that dose and only taking them for 2 weeks you can just stop taking them.
  • Posted

Thats a very low dosage, my guess is (and I'm not a doctor but a user) the dosage is to low to have any effect ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.