How should LFT SGPT/SGOT high value affect pregnancy?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My Wife is now 33 wks pregnant and admitted in hospital since 18 days due to blood pressure and sugar level was high for the first time in her pregnancy period. Blood pressure was normal taking tablets for two days and started insulin for the sugar problem.  Later in the LTF it is noticed that SGPT/SGOT is getting higher every day but the bilirubin was .07. Also checked Hepatitis A & E virus but it is negative. Since last few days the SGPT/SGOT dropped from 372/680 to 108/149.

Doctors compelling to terminate pregnancy as it may turn serious if the SGPT/SGOT elevate than now. Even they are waiting for the baby to touch 34 wks to terminate pregnancy. What should I do? My wife is very much depressed since many days...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your difficult dilemma. It must be very worrying for you both.

It seems it should be a decision left to the medics as they have more information than we do (I do at least). I'm sure they are not frivelous in their recommendations. But lets hope the results improve and that final decision is not required.

Good luck.

Nigel

• Posted

Thank you Nigel for your support...
  • Posted

By the grace of Allah! my wife delivered a baby boy yesterday morning. But it was 45 days before the delivery date we were told. But as it was normal delivery there was not that much issue. Hope the baby and wife will come home soon...
  • Posted

Congratulations.

But 45 days, that seems very early! Tho' you say all is well.

But will the baby be able to leave hospital in the short term?

Surely it needs premature care?

Nigel

• Posted

Hi NIgel!

Baby was kept in incubator for 6 days. Now baby is normal... All the test results are normal. Hopefully will leave hospital tomorrow, Insha Allah! ThankingAllah for everything..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.