How significant will Mirtazapine withdrawal be after only being on it for 2 weeks and when begin?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm tapering from 30mg to 15mg to "test the waters", and have only been on it for 2 weeks. How long from now should I expect to experience withdrawals, if any, from the drug?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You have only been on mirt 2 weeks or 15mg 2 weeks ? Did you drop straight down from 30 to 15 ?
    • Posted

Yes, Mirt for 2 weeks at 30mg, I am dropping from 30mg to 15mg.
    • Posted

I'm dropping because at 30mg, I lost interest in everything, and lost almost all my energy. What gave me anxiety more than anything was having no interest in anything and waiting for the minutes to pass.

• Posted

I started on 15 for a week and doctor said to increase to 30 if I felt like I could, been on 30mg now for 10 weeks. They’re making me feel really tired and I don’t feel like they have taken away my anxiety. I’m hoping to start dropping with the help of my doctor.
  • Posted

Everybody is different. All I can offer is my own experience. I didn’t go down by a certain chronological preset. I go down and stay at that dose until I no longer experience side effects then go down again. It’s not a race. The whole point is to feel better. :-) 
  • Posted

It can take as little as five days to register a dosage change in the system so I'd expect you would know in a week's time how you are doing with that drop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.