how slow is getting better ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Now that Im meant to be on the mend,Im finding it even harder going.At least when youre ill like Ive been you just loll about and people expect nothing.Now its worse in some ways as people pick up on my bad days and make out that the whole show is coming back off the road.My psychiatrist thinks I might be able to go back to work in the next couple of months but quite often I cant get out of bed because Im so anxious still.The trouble with psychiatrists is they (quite understandably ) focus on the positive and you can tell them you feel ok one day and then fall apart the day after,or when the copy of the GP letter comes telling you and your GP how well your doing.

I am certain that things are better,my tremor has almost gone and the anxiety dips in and out,but Im scared of so many things still.Anyone else?

Jo X smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo,

I think with any mental illness, its a case of if you look alright then you must be, its not got any physical signs like a broken leg in plaster, my hubby says he can tell how im feeling by the look in my eyes.

Its like a swan on water you look alright on the outside but your peddaling like hell underneath. I have been reading up on Akathisia, and I will be mentioning it to the psych on tuesday. I know I suffer from situational anxiety who doesnt, but my body is telling me its more than that. I feel emotionaly and physically drained I cannot find the strenght to fight it anymore, IM counting down the hours to my pysch appointment, Im apprehensive, but at the same time hoping this will finally give me the answer to all this.

I cannot look forward to life ahead feeling like this so if I do not get the help I need I do not want to live like this anymore.

You do such an amasing job and you must miss it so much and I know words are cheap but try to take each day as it comes, and heres to bringing more babes into the world

All my love

Danielle xx

• Posted

Danielle, i have had akathisia after use of metoclopramide it is like hell on earth. I was constantly on like a high with this horrible feeling inside that wouldn't go away. It went on for weeks, when i started sertraline it seemed to mask it, i am scared that when i stop the sertraline it will come back. I seem to get this nervous thing when i wake up from sleeping and i am sure that it is the akathisia. No one seems to understand akathisia even the doctor and psychiatrist were a bit distant in saying that it was this. I know the difference between being anxious and having akathisia, but they didn't seem to understand.

Good luck with your appointment, by the way i have dogs and find that taking them out helps me a lot even if i have no energy i still push myself..to go out for a walk. xxxx

xxx love them to bits xxx

Take care x

• Posted

[quote:aa1d2b21e6=\"megapolitico\"]Now that Im meant to be on the mend,Im finding it even harder going.At least when youre ill like Ive been you just loll about and people expect nothing.Now its worse in some ways as people pick up on my bad days and make out that the whole show is coming back off the road.My psychiatrist thinks I might be able to go back to work in the next couple of months but quite often I cant get out of bed because Im so anxious still.The trouble with psychiatrists is they (quite understandably ) focus on the positive and you can tell them you feel ok one day and then fall apart the day after,or when the copy of the GP letter comes telling you and your GP how well your doing.

I am certain that things are better,my tremor has almost gone and the anxiety dips in and out,but Im scared of so many things still.Anyone else?

Jo X smile[/quote:aa1d2b21e6]

• Posted

Appointment on wed with work basically to finish me, after holding my job open for a year and a half i still am not capable of going back to work.

I feel like i'm defeated i loved my job working at the zoo, this illness is slowly taking every thing away from me. My kids, boyfriend mum have all suffered becuz of me.

Thinking i'll never get better and this is the way it is going to be from now on. :cry: Sometimes i wonder what is the point, but i know there are other people worse off than me, so be grateful..x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.