How soon can I get nexplanon removed? It's not right for me!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, November 21st 2014, I got the nexplanon implant birth control so that I would be able to be with my partner without any worry of children. It seemed like the perfect decision at the time. Three years from now I will still not be ready most likely and I don't have to remember to take a pill every day or anything. What a dream, right! No. I was very wrong. The nexplanon may work for some people but for me, so far, it has been terrible. I know that it's new chemicals in my body but I've been vomiting non stop. I can't get out of bed anymore and I'm sleep deprived due to mind numbing headaches. I've also been bleeding everyday but that's not really what worries me the most. I can deal with the bleeding but with the vomiting and headaches? No! That's not what I signed up for. So my question is how soon can I get this removed? I have an appointment for a check up on December 4th but will I have to wait for my arm to heal up before they can numb it again and take it out? Please help. Thank you. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Christ how awful you are sufering. I never had a period for 8 months whilst being on it. I constantly had numbing headaches and always feeling light headed, I lay in bed and the room was spinning and my anxiety was 10 times worse. It never worked for me so glad i've had it removed as i feel more human having periods again.

I would make a appointment to see a doctor/nurse and go from there

• Posted

i had it fitted today cant believe state of my arm for last hour i done nothing but cry want it out aasap but state of asrm well bandage on dread to think what it going to look when take off not going to be able to wear short sleves over christmas bruising u can see already that bad feel like going to cry 4 ever because of this, anyone know how long it willbe like this for an pain in arm awful as well
    • Posted

All i had was problems when i had the implant, caused alot of problems in my relationship and i had the big bruise aswell (not nice) 

It will soon go

• Posted

i not a bit happy this morn not had 24 hours cried half of nite pain unbearable feel like arm getting stabbed, brusing going much worse, felt i was forced into this, be glad when bandgage an plaster can come off feel trapped, brusing gonna look great over christmas, thinngs we put ourselves through to please men because they wont wear coats, gonna phone place up where fitted when opened cant cope.
    • Posted

Omg no person should be forced, If he was a gentleman he would of not done this.

Get it taken out if this isn't for you then do it, If he truly loves you he will stand by you 

• Posted

ii was clinic i felt forced by because off my age an medical conditions to get it fitted but getting it taken out as soon as i can but nothing agrees with me so running out of options

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.