How to accept my anxiety 😑

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm so frustrated at the moment that I'm letting my anxiety affect me so much I've still been forcing my self to go out and still playing football on a Monday night as I don't want it to beat me. I should be able by now to accept that the symptoms I'm getting , feeling nervous dreaded feeling , tight throat , feeling shaky , racing (what if ) thoughts , pacing up and down , and really agitated at times it all seems to get on top of me and I just want to hide away but I've suffered with it on and off for over 10 years and It all started again about six weeks ago and I'm having my meds upped slowly to see how I get on. I'm just getting annoyed with myself as I should k now by now what I'm dealing with I think it's because I want to click my fingers and just have it gone and be back to a bearable level were I can start enjoying life again and not be stuck in this rut of fearing the worst and everyday and nothing ever happens 😑

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tom,

when I read your post everything in it screamed at me you're not accepting so much as fighting.

Forcing yourself to go out

Pacing

Agitation

Wishing to hide away

Signs you are trying to "escape " the symptoms

You have to fall back on the coping stratgeis. Right breathing, gentle excercise to rid the body of surplus adrenalin. Keeping hydrated. Getting enough sleep.

Anger equals fear and it's a waste of your energy, which could be better utilised in dealing with the anxiety. Fearing the symptoms entrenches them, you know that. You've been through all this before. What you have overcome once you can do again

Fearing the worst? As a wise Forum member once asked of me, What's the worst? The reality is there isn't one

Hang in there. You can do this. Stay positive, Tom

• Posted

Thank you Helen , I went doctors today he said because my mood is so low with the depression my anxiety levels are increased
  • Posted

Hi Tom,

I'm in the same boat as you. I want to live a normal life. My husband and I just moved into a beautiful place and I can't get myself out of my head. I'm not on any meds as of now going Thursday. But keep fighting. Take the good days as victories and be kind to yourself on the not so good days.

• Posted

Hello

I have been a sufferer of AD for over thirty years or so, I have found that we do not fight it we negotiate time off by still doing the things we love.

In my case I will push gently to do what I find positive and look for other chances that may help. My interests are visiting historic sites and houses, also gardening.

In two weeks time I am going to a Boat Show and have arranged to be shown how to pilot a motor Cruiser, possibly if my disability allows may get my own launch, if it is not possible we move on and try something else I do not go around feeling low and accept the negativity I always have something else to try.

Many with depression will still suffer from their original Depression that does not stop us trying to help ourselves.and to continue Feeling low and tired should not stop us fulfilling our dreams.

If yo feel nothing happens, make it happen, my condition is reactive depression caused by chronic illness. I look on my life as I will most probably die sooner rather than later, so I have a shortr time period to do the things I want to do.

The depression will always be around, so I attack th things I would love to do.

• Posted

hiya, I am feeling the same as you I suffer quite bad with health anxiety and I am lettin git take over my life. No matter how much someone tells you forget about it, nothing bad will happen that just makes you feel worse. I hope your meds work for you and here if you ever need a chat with someone who knows what its like smile

• Posted

Hi Tom, just to let you know that Your anxiety might go up a bit just 'cos your meds are increasing, so bear it in mind and don't think it's YOU!

Oh, and something someone said to me once that i found really helpful is to try and replace the word

Should

for could! 

It took the pressure off for me, anyway!

xx

• Posted

Thanks everyone for the replys in a bad place at the moment
  • Posted

I think you are trying to "fight"  and it basically just empowers it. Learn abiut it. Learn the science of it, things to do for it..how to manage it. There is a ton out there. You have to understand the whole mind body interaction thing to manage this. You have pre programmed yourself too well by now so that needs to be addressed. You tube has so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.