How to apply clob?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I watched the Dr. Goldstein video so I now know to soak for 20 mins and then apply the clob and rub it in for 90 seconds. Do you just use your fingers? Will the clob thin the skin on the fingers? Do you wear gloves? I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, but my doctor just told me to apply a pea sized amount with no other directions. Thank you so much for your help!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Depending on how long your nails are I'd just use your fingers, if your nails are long and you don't want to scrape the clob out or your nails then you can use a q-tip or something to prevent that

• Posted

Hi Sally, I would use your fingers as it has to be rubbed in thoroughly.You can put a barrier ointment on then ( I use Hydromol) at least 20 mins after the Clob. If you have Clob CREAM, try and change it to OINTMENT as it is absorbed more easily. Good luck

• Posted

do you live in Canada...i live in Ontario and I've never heard of clob ointment?

• Posted

No I love in UK our equivalent to Clob is Dermovate which we can get in both cream and ointment. I presumed it was the same for Clob, Apologies if this isn't the case.

• Posted

Yes the full name for clob is clobetasol propionate and in the uk it is under the brand Dermovate. Any body reading this from the UK will have to get a prescription from their doctor. About £8.70 unless you get free prescriptions.

• Posted

I'm new to this so far from an expert but rubbing or massaging clobetasol into your affected area ...labia...for 90 seconds seems like a lot . I have found if I rub to much even gently, I can cause another tear or aggravate one that's there. I have used "clob" for short, but put as small as dab on my finger and gentle smeared it...touch the area for as short a time a possible... So I wouldn't re tear. My Dr. Started me on it daily, then every other day, then twice a week... Then put me on a different ointment that she explained was a little weaker then clob. Clob is a very strong steroid she explained and you don't want to abuse it. I would think washing your hands immediately after applying it would prevent the thinning of the skin on your finger. Also note, once they area is calm, many have found Coconut , olive or castor oil helpful to. I hope the clob is helping you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.