How to be Vitamized

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is ti right to use vitamin complex without consulting a doctor? How to be vitamized for better immune system?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

like any supplement it is always advisable to consult your GP (especially if you're taking other medicines). One piece of advice I would add is that vitamins are virtually useless in the absence of minerals (not a widely known thing) bottom line take a good quality plant derived mineral supplement to maximise the benefits to your health. Have really helped going through menopause, have been a godsend :-)  Hope this helps    
  • Posted

Healthy diet is the answer!!! You don’t need any vitamin supplement if you are taking healthy balanced diet.

Dieticians say it's better to get all of your vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber, and other nutrients from food, if possible. Of course, there are some good reasons to take vitamins for certain medical issues, but for most of us, we should be getting all the vitamins and minerals we need from our normal diet. Moreover, food like veggies and fruits offer few things more than just vitamins. They include fiber, phytochemicals (plant chemicals), and a balance of nutrients and disease-fighting antioxidants.

However, this is highly individual decision and if you insist, I would advise to take good quality, branded supplements only. Personally I rely on Vitabiotics; they offer wide range with specific need.

Regards,

Luis

• Posted

Before taking any kind of supplement or vitamin, no matter how natural it is, you should ALWAYS consult a doctor first.  That said, if you have no health concern and are just looking for somehting to boost your immune system, there are some simple vitamins and minerals that will do the trick (again consult a physician first)... vitamin C, zinc, vitamin D3, vitamin K2, and L-Lysine all contribute to a healthy, boosted immune system.  I'd highly recommend getting these from whole food sources like healthy meats, fruits, and vegetables, and if you still fall short, then consider supplementation.  
  • Posted

There is lot of homemade remedies, for example I give my kids fresh juice made from beet, carrot, ginger and tb spoon of honey every other day. Also you can take groceries with lots of iron such as nettle, blueberis, blackberries... And for other vitamins like C you can eat paprika, lemon orange. 
  • Posted

You can not unless you are allergic to some vitamins or ingredients in such vitamins.
  • Posted

i agree with the others on here: it is far better to have a well balanced diet rather than just rely on a tablet. 

here is a case: some years ago i felt unwell and nearly took a 'tonic' thinking it might do me good. luckily there were 2 brands in the shop, with different vitamin and mineral composition. i didn't know which to choose and left them both on the shelf. 

when i went to the doctor he did a whole series of blood tests and found i had low vitamin D, which, it turned out, was nothing at all to do with diet or sun exposure, but due to another underlying (as yet undiagnosed) medical problem. if i had taken either of those tonics then it might have masked my true vitamin D status and hence delayed my diagnosis.

if you feel generally unwell then let your doctor work out what the reason is.

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.