How to beat anxiety without meds?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Medication doesn't work for me I get very bad side effects

I started doing regular meditation helps me a lot

Any other ideas?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey Iain, There is much buzz about 'Mindfullness' here in Australia.

I believe there are some great apps for phone and you tube videos.

Ted talks are also very uplifting and motivating (and some are hilarious).

Hope this offers some helpsmile

• Posted

Thanks rhino I will take a look at ted talks

The guy I have been listening to is Australian Jason someone

I have really enjoyed the meditation vids funny thing they made me so relaxed I burst into tears the first time so that was obviously some sort of relief

• Posted

I cut Caffeine after 6 in the evening and I get as close to 8 hours of sleep as possible. I try not to obsess over how I feel all day long and if I feel a little anxious I make peace with it and let it pass.
    • Posted

Thank u Tiffany I now don't have any caffeine intake at all mskes my anxiety really bad
    • Posted

Sure. I also take a magnesium supplement. Look it up in correlation to anxiety.
  • Posted

Therapy, exercise, and online forums or support groups (like this!) can really help. You are not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.