How to brace for the winter with all these other cold/flu viruses

Posted , 2 users are following.

has anyone caught flu or cold on top of mono? how is the experience????

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I'm 14 months into mono. around 4 months ago, I caught flu/covid like illness, which made my mono symptoms much worse for more than 1 month. Unfortunately, this roller coaster of infections (possibly with various strains of Covid or flu) has been repeating every 40 days, and currently I'm feeling terrible; chills, joint pain, dizziness, headache, noise sensitivity...

6 months ago I was seeing some improvements. But then these rounds of infections made me awful.

• Posted

im sorry you have suffered for so long . i never had chills for mono since having it in march except when i had covid two months after that in May. The chills from covid lasted only a dew days. This winter, December (last month) i caught a cold (sneeze, watery eyes, lowgrade fever, cough, runny nose, chills). After more than a week cold symptoms went away but the chill (not shaking just a rush of goosebumps throughout body remains and has been going on for more than 1.5 month. It is winter in cali right now but i dont remember ever being with chills for this long during winter before. what is your experience w the chills?

• Posted

Hi

Sorry for my late reply.

I think I have a similar 'goosebumps' feeling as you (or is called shivering?) but I couldn't find the appropriate world to describe it.

Actually, mine is also not shaking, but a sense of goosebumps all over my body. it often comes after a day of increased physical activity, and with this, also I experience other symptoms like fatigue, noise sensitivity, joint pain (in the wrist and elbow of my right hand), and also I become annoyed by the cold weather (this is why I named it chills).

I am 16 months in mono. But these set of new symptoms gradually appeared over the course of the past 3-4 months, and I believe that these are remains from several Covid infections (or maybe just one infection that wax and wanes and has become 'long-covid'). My symptoms got worse gradually, each time after a strenuous activity like hiking. 30 days ago it became so severe and debilitating, and new symptoms like sore throat, runny nose, forehead-ache were added that made me housebound for 2 weeks. I am again recovering very slowly, but still I have very limited energy, like the first months of my mono.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.