How to claim Pip for GAD, PTSD and severe Health Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve never claimed dla or pip before but have been advised I should but I’m hearing conflicting advice as to whether pip is awarded for anxiety.

i first started suffering from Post Natal Anxiety 10yrs ago caused by extreme sleep deprivation. This was undiagnosed for 18mths by which time I had started suffering from GAD. I was packed off with anti-depressants and left to my own devices. 4yrs later I became the sole carer for my sister who died in my arms from a short battle with cancer. This tore me apart and I developed health disorders, I have self diagnosed myself with every cancer possible and began suffering panic attacks. 18 months later my amazing husband died in my arms from a heart attack and I began to suffer PTSD. 

My life is ok, I have two wonderful children but my anxiety rules us. There are days I am so terrified I am dying that I end up in A&E convinced I am having a heart attack. I rarely go out because I’m pettrified something will happen to me. I can spend days in bed, too exhausted to get up let alone get dressed or eat. I’ve been on so many medications and had CBT but on bad days nothing helps. Am currently on Sertraline, Pregabalin, zopliclone and diazepam just to function. 

I have good days but the bad days are awful and I can’t do anything. I’ve gone from being an organised, positive, hard working independent person to someone who’s house is constantly full of muddles, I forget everything, from birthdays to paying bills on time, I’m too terrified to go out, I can go days without eating or putting a brush through my hair, I’m no longer me.

Does anyone relate to this and did you claim pip?? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Frinsey

I would advise you make an appointment with CAB and they will help you with the forms, if needed. 

Also discuss this call-out with your GP, He will be approached by PIP and He will discuss your problem with you.

It may be possible a friend to go along with you could be a good idea to give support and confidence.

BOB

• Posted

Hello Victoria

Long time no see.

C.A.B. CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU.

They have offices throughout the UK they advise on political, and other Government information and forms etc. Sometimes they advise o the best way to fill in forms etc.

I have been laid up with a massive flare throughout My Body, still having problems. Have a great deal to do and I am bolted to either bed or chair. Have been given some treatment to keep my mood clear and I finish the course of treatment in two weeks time. I feel they must be considered a waste of time by now. I am having problems on the right hand side of my neck, down my right hand side, arm and elbow int my wrist and down my fingers.

How are you these days ??

BOB

• Posted

Frinsey

If your memory is shot at this time and you forget paying bills can you not set up Standing Orders with your bank and they will pay your Bills etc on a monthly basis. Hazel does that and it means if we are stuck or forgetful the bank picks up the managing of our property.

Regards electricity, gas and water you can also set up accounts with them and then some of the utilities install smart meters, then they take  the money by standing order. The main problem we had in the past is they estimate services and settle an over payment every twelve months. You can also set up accounts to pay your cards etc.

Just a suggestion.

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob, 

Thank you for your messages. I do have direct debits set up for all bills I can however it’s been uncommon ones I’ve forgotten causing all sorts of issues. Vet bills, Children’s school trips etc. I just feel so useless at the moment as have always been so independent and able. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.