How to communicate with someone in a coma

Posted , 3 users are following.

My aunt has had a stroke resulting in deep coma. As a family we would like to try to communicate through simple yes or no questions. I am wondering if any of you have suggestions on what physical signals would be the most easy to give as yes or no when in coma?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

jasmijin...I had a friend in a very deep coma... I just talked to her. Didn't look for any signs or response.Wish the best for you...lorraine21063

• Posted

I don't really know

My son was in a coma a few years ago

The doctor thought he. might have been brain damaged became he was in an accident and under water for too long

But I would say to him wiggle your toes and he. could do it

I kept talking to him even though he did not acarnswer me

Keep talking to your father

One of the things I said every day was

Its mom here Morgan you have been in an automobile accident you are in a hospital you are going to be OK

When he came out of the coma he told me he heard me

Keep talking to your father even if you don't know if he hears you

He needs you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.