How to complain

Posted , 8 users are following.

I go to Spain on Saturday  with family. We've got a villa there but only three bedrooms and kids and grandkids wanted to come.

so I booked an 8 bedroomed villa for them more or less next door. I had a phone call this morning from the agents telling me they'd double booked and would I like to go to a similar one 40 miles away. Err NO, if I'd wanted to go there I'd have booked that one.

Normally, I would need a couple of drinks before phoning, trouble with that is I loose all credibility because I end up being very sarcastic and rude.

Decided to follow RGHBs guide 'how to complain'. So I kept calm, knew what I wanted to say. I couldn't understand a word the bloke was saying, so asked to speak to someone who spoke English,to which he replied he did!

After about half an hour, I got him to understand to get a manager to call me. Definitely need a drink now, but none in the house.

Thank you RHGB, precision, politeness, keeping calm and staying sober yields results. The manager has just phoned to tell me I've been upgraded to a ten bedroom villa just round the corner and no extra charge.

best of all I didn't drink and sorted it myself. To other people it's no big deal, which it isn't really, but I'm pleased with myself because this ttime last week I couldn't have cared less and would probably been abusive on the phone .

sorry for rambling on about something so small, but needed to tell someone

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's wonderful Vickylou, thank you so much for sharing it with us.  You must be feeling so proud of yourself....I am feeling proud of you too.

Well done!!

Pat xxxx

• Posted

Well done vickylou, a big achievement moving away from how you used to deal with problems previously!! Be proud of how far you have come X X 
  • Posted

It is relatively straight foward, and should not be viewed as a battle with winners and losers. Keep calm and put your valid reasonable point across.

As soon as you get shouty or sarcastic, you have lost.

• Posted

Sorry, forgot, well done.
  • Posted

Well done Vicky.

But I'm the opposite in those situations,feel meek and always give in,wish I had more self esteem ect.

• Posted

Well done you!!!  See what you can achieve keeping cool x
  • Posted

Nice work, vickylou, you sett an excellent example!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.