How to control diabetes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My mother is diagnosed with diabetes and fatty liver. Please let me know how it can be controlled?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Ah that's really sad! This disease has caught everyone. Well it can be controlled through proper medication and by adopting healthy lifestyle (proper mix of food). Bring only those fruits and veggies in your diet which are good for diabetes like bitter-gourd, eggplant, papaya.

• Posted

Agreed, the very first thing to control diabetes is to follow the medicine schedule properly and second most important is a healthy lifestyle. Merely taking medicines will not be beneficial if you’ll keep adding sugar in your diet plan. Also, few days back I came across ginihealth they have a wellness program for diabetes under which they monitor various things like your blood glucose levels, how much you walk, what you eat etc. and try to control diabetes with changes in your lifestyle rather then just giving some pills. I kinda like their concept see if it can work for your mom.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.