How to convince my mother that I may have a tumor?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am in my teens.

Cancer runs in my family in fact my grandfather and my great grandfather and my uncle my grandmother and my aunt all had cancer

Only the men have died so far.

So I don't know why it's so hard for my mother to believe me when I tell her something is wrong.

I feel pain in my head, feel like my head is burning, when I touch the top part of my head it hurts.

I'm going to a doctor soon but it's for stomach.

I'm scared that by that time I actually see someone for this it will be too late and they will tell me.

"You only have a week to live."

Or that is spread too much they can't do anything about it.

sad

Even my thepaist (typos yes.) Said I should see someone because something doesn't sound right.

I don't know what to do I'm broke, don't have a job, don't have a doctor right now. I'm on my moms insurance.

It's funny really her father died of cancer and he refused to go to the doctor..and now he's dead.

her only daughter wants to go to the doctor and all she does is roll her eyes and tell me to "stop it." And get mad at me.

Maybe this is why I'm so discconected and DP and DR all the dang time.

My grandmother said she just doesn't want to see her kid sick

Well let me see a darn doctor then you won't have to worry about me BEING SICK!!!!!!!!!

idk what to do right now, should I just go to the emergcey room and demand they scan me? I don't like going there because those people don't know what they're talking about half the time. Giving me meds that made me feel worse. 

I don't really like talking to my mother because she gets irriated when I do. But I really don't want to die and my head is burning like on fire and I'm scared it hurts when I touch it.

I'm too scared to sleep...

I doubt if anyone answers but thank you if you do,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, can you tell me more about your pain in your head ?
  • Posted

How about going to an opthamologist. Eye doctor with an md degree. Here the reason behind that. They dilate your eyes and dan see all the nerves and health of them. They can see if anything is abnormal or swelling or anything. They could even see if there was an issue that would require you to have a scan. Scans arent something you just get, they need to have a reason. Its not like tv where you go in and it magically scans everything. The person need to know what they are looking for and what part they are looking at. People do not realize this. Its specific.
  • Posted

Hi... I am sorry to hear that you are both unwell and worried....

Have you no emergency services that you can attend ( without insurance. ?)

Also, do you have any free phone services...we have a ..111....no ...or in emergencies. ...999..service....

Try to access any possible help that you can...

I would not say this lightly....but if you are desperately worried...could you pretend to collapse in great pain ( which is true ) an act as though you are very disorientated. ..which I am sure is also true....because you are so, so worried you will just get worse until you have a definitive answer ...and hopefully a solution...treatment !! ... I do so wish you well.....and i hope true peace of mind lovey....take care....regards. ..dee..xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.