how to cope with AF

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

I know people do not regularly post on this site but does anyone know a site that they do for AF? I am so frightened of this condition and could do with talking to people on a regular basis on line. I was diagnosed last year but think I had it for a few years before but I was rushed into A&E with a very high heart rate and diagnosed then. Would like to know how to deal with this on a long term basis.

Thanks

Val

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Val,

I saw your post and I know it is an old post but I have some info for you. have you seen this site http://www.arrhythmiaalliance.org.uk/ ?

This is where in 2008 I found out how to get an Ablation and get me back to the good old days....of no drugs!! I did this in Jan 2008 an again this year 2012 for just a touch up as I had re-connected in one area. The guy who did me changed my life.........it was well worth getting off the pills.....and feel confidant again. I used to spark off with any exercising (cutting the grass) now I can run up the stairs no problems.....it takes a bit of time I found getting back to normal about 3 moths. but would always go for this option as now I'm off beta blockers I have warm feet again!! If you need to ask any question drop me a line.........I know what your going through I have been there you can in most cases if it there are no other problems beat it!

Regards Clive

• Posted

Val, For a long time I could not get on this site for some reason, if you want to share your experience I shall try and help, it does help to share, you don't feel quite as alone. Regards Beth
  • Posted

I also was unable to get on sight. I am said to have AF sometimes can feel it othertimes not the hospital picked it up once and said it was dangerously high for long period. Now I dont bother. get angina at times. Talk about putting me back on betablockers but I am keeping quiet as not keen. Forgot about the cold feet that is a sure no no for me, would rather take my chances.
  • Posted

I also was unable to get on sight. I am said to have AF sometimes can feel it othertimes not the hospital picked it up once and said it was dangerously high for long period. Now I dont bother. get angina at times. Talk about putting me back on betablockers but I am keeping quiet as not keen. Forgot about the cold feet that is a sure no no for me, would rather take my chances.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.