how to cope with anxiety symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

How do I cope with racing heart trouble breathing dizziness and being afraid to die all from anxiety any ideas I need to get better 

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Effexor, cymbalta are excellent for anxiety. Both worked very well for me.
    • Posted

I'm on pristiq but I need it changed I also take ativan and seroquel for my mental health but do u listen to music write or walk or something that helps u when u have anxiety cuz I been having anxiety all the time 
    • Posted

I started 50mg pristiq today. But I'm a ver socially outgoing personality. Means I don't stay home, I go up the park here where its safe, beautiful, trees, rose garden, picnic tables, a small lake across the street. Beautiful and peaceful, I walk the trails. I love music big time. Blast the radio. Also I love the waterfront near me. Outside shops and restaurants by the river. Peaceful for me. I need to do all this for me and my wellbeing. Alone.
    • Posted

Yes I love being near water its so nice I like walking places a lot I love music 
  • Posted

Myself and pristiq just ended now. I'm at the park to ride the anxiety and lump in my throat out. I'm so sick of this. All these side affects are reactions the same and worse that landed me in ER. Dr. Office said stop it. Temporarily I will go back on effexor. Until Dr. Decides. As I'm out of options. Its breezy in the park and 70's. I have my ativan and know what to do but its hard, and my body is worn out.
    • Posted

I'm sorry stick to whatever medicine is right for u I don't feel like I'm in my own body right now I feel scared and fear that I'm gonna die or have a panic attack any minute life sucks right now I don't know how to put up with it 
    • Posted

Sounds like you need tweeked. You will get through this, I did. Sure isn't easy. But you will get back on track. Just takes time. Call your Dr.
  • Posted

Reduce the Anxiety Tablets and after Stop it... This Medications are useless.. I have been suffering from Anxiety for a long time but never took Medication and I am almost fine now...

I only did Pranayam, Excercise... and focussed more on Internet Jokes daily and started watching ony comedy Movies..... it helped and relaxed my mind and I stopped thinking about every movement of health...

And most Important stop searching for symptoms in GOOGLE...

• Posted

Reduce the Anxiety Tablets and after Stop it... This Medications are useless.. I have been suffering from Anxiety for a long time but never took Medication and I am almost fine now...

I only did Pranayam, Excercise... and focussed more on Internet Jokes daily and started watching ony comedy Movies..... it helped and relaxed my mind and I stopped thinking about every movement of health...

And most Important stop searching for symptoms in GOOGLE...

Other good option is Hypnosis..... till the time your mind is clear none of the Medication will work. anyway Medication never works...

• Posted

I've had this 26 years. Had almost 20good ones on effexor and cymbalta. This all started last fall going off cymbalta and wellbutrin, was on since out. But I got vision problems. Went off. Now my body won't accept anything. But the good old ativan. Yes iam going to meditate and yoga soon per Dr advice and massage. And my park and music.
    • Posted

I can't stop my medicine my anxiety is so bad that I can not function without them I don't feel like myself right now I can not get off medicine 
    • Posted

Do u get vision problems when having anxiety symptoms cuz that's what I been experiencing along with hard time breathing and racing heart pain in chest 
    • Posted

First. Maybe you need to change antidepressants, like me. Second yes I had very bad vision problems last year. It went away.and it does. Thank goodness. Good riddens to pristiq also for me. You will be fine. Do you like decorating or flower arranging? You could do.
    • Posted

Omg. We can never stop our medicines. I will have this for life and it is a part of me. And so will medication. Dr. And therapy.
    • Posted

Yeah I mean I have to be on my medicine for like I don't care as long as I'm fine which I'm not right now but I will be I can never stop my medicine ever I been on medicine since I was 6 years old I don't care if I'm on medicine all my life as long as it works but if I ever get off my medicine trust me no one would be my friend
    • Posted

Your so funny. Probably none of us would have anyone around if we all stopped the meds. Wow six years old is a long time. Look how far you came. You'll be ok again, just like me, we just hit a bump.
    • Posted

A huge bump and ended up in nowhere land where I feel out of my own skin 
    • Posted

I have this weird feeling like I wanna save so.some right now weather its from fire a car about to get hit I just wanna save someone 
    • Posted

Its in your Mind dear..... I know how it feels... I am not saying to stop is directly instead reduce the dose and ultimately stop it...

You HAVE to do Pranayam, Meditation and may be try Hypnosis... till the time your Mind is not clear you will never get out from this cycle...

Medicine Just force body to release the chemical which makes us feel good... but forcing body for something for a long time might get you in trouble in later stages....Our body is like us who don;t want anybody to force it do something... Just think on that...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.