How to cope with Cymbalta withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

How do I cope with Cymbalta withdrawal? I gradually reduced my dose from yo to approx 15 mg over 5 weeks. I have been feeling like death for weeks. Migranes, vomiting, sweating, brain zaps, vertigo, irritability and fatigue. Do supplements, vitamins or anything else help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was on duloxetine for 6 weeks and found it the worst so just stopped. See your doctor for proper advice
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice. Good luck to you too! I found a few support groups for people coming off Cymbalta.
  • Posted

I really sympathize with you 😓 it’s taken me 3 years to reduce from 50mg twice a day to 20mg twice a day.  I had help/support/advice from a group called cymbalta hurts worse on fb.... join the group and you’ll receive advice to suit your case.  Good luck x

• Posted

I have weaned down from 60mg to 10mg. The 60 to 10 took 2 months but I am still on the 10 and it has been 6 months. I was feeling like I had the flu, sick, nausea, dizzy and miserable. They say you can't break the capsules but the pharmacist told me it was fine. I have to take the 20mg and pour out and measure.  I have tried going lower than the 10 but I wind up sick. A horrible drug! If I knew this before I would never have taken it. I quit Lexapro and Citalopram without problems but this one is terrible. I guess you are just going to have to be sick for a few weeks. I was sick for a month and decided to just give up and stay on the 10mg. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.