How to cure anal fissures

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an anal fissure for months, it's painful and was not healing. I completely cured it in 2 weeks by applying coconut oil to the opening of the anus with my finger once a day. Hope this helps!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Happy to hear it helped you Christina  . . . however I have had more Virgin Coconut Oil in my behind than I care to recall. .  didn't cure me :-(
  • Posted

Coconut oil is amazing but I found it only works in combination with other things.

I had two deep fissures for a few months and I was using instillagel and taking milk of magnesia as a laxative to start with. It was so painful! I then started using coconut oil instead of instillagel at least four times a day but particularly before a bowel movement.

Sorry to be crude but I couldn't even get my little finger up my bum when it first happened! But I found that having at least two very hot baths a day and squatting when going to the loo + breathing and trying to relax my whole body finally started to help.

I've now moved onto fybogel which is amazing. Big but soft poos! Lots of coconut oil and two baths. I would say I'm 85% there. Lots of fibre, prunes and water too.

BUT the main thing that really helped me is to stop holding myself so tight and to breath out when going to the loo and to relax throughout the day. It's taken a few months and I know that I'm going to have to be very careful throughout my life but it is possible to get better. Thinking more holistically saved me!

Fissures seem to happen when people go through a period of stress and don't look after themselves properly. This definitely was my problem. Once you identify what is truly stressing you out things will get better...then your bum will relax and be able to heal itself!

• Posted

Very good advice and I relate to my bum being so tight that I could not even pass wind!  Coconut oil liberally applied before going to loot and def squatting is way forward - I have to say (some may find this gross) I do this in bath and squirt shower head to clean asap.

This makes all the difference.

I clean the bath with everything afterwards btw!

• Posted

Ha ha! Yes I have a bowl that I've been using. Immersing your bum in very warm water and going to the loo is a god send! Oh and absolutely no pushing and I've stopped using soap on my bum because I read that it can dry it out and I'm super careful with toilet paper too.

Good luck with it...I've been taking lots of vitamins and ground flaxseed. No idea if it helps but can't hurt. Let us know how you get on.

All the best

• Posted

Wow. I had mine for 9 years. I'm now two weeks after the op and still in recovery but it seems much better so far xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.