How to cure low iron

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having ALL symptoms of low iron for 3 years now. Gets worse after periods. Did a CBC four times in one year and all came back okay so I’ve been told even tho they never tell me the numbers. Before my first CBC my hb was 12.5. They keep dismissing it as anxiety even tho I have NOTHING to be anxious or depressed about besides feeling like complete CRAP 24/7. This is affecting me in so many ways. It’s like every iron tab I start taking works at first then stops. I tried 3 s tonic, one day I took it and it’s like that brought on all my symptoms at once. Ferrous sulphate never helped me much at all & I know take trihemic which his vit c iron and b12 and it’s basically like I don’t take pills at all!! Idk what to do. I’ve asked about an infusion but got shut down. They won’t even test my iron/ferritin levels. Are their any natural ways to cure this? I eat meat, red meat a lot too, spinach I have once in a while, same for nuts and dried fruit and I drink green drinks every once in a while. I’ve tried so many things and still nothing. This is ruining my life!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had anemia 2 yrs ago and took iron. Improved now but red blood cells still below normal range and not as strong cycling. Doc says no worries. Eat iron heavy diet which doesn't help raise red blood cells. Frustrated!

• Posted

My girlfriend is having the same issues.  When she eats spinach, she feels like a champ but she's pretty bad about eating across the board.  How often were you eating spinach?  Did you ever do it for an extended period of time and if so did that have any changes?  My girlfriend definitely has low iron but on top of that, she won't eat if she can't decide what sounds good and she just gets frustrated when I try and tell her that she needs something to fuel her body.  I want to help and I know she feels like crap all the time.  It's just so tough.  I don't know what my role is supposed to be in this.

• Posted

I never made eating spinach a routine thing honestly I just ate it whenever it felt it was necessary. Does she tabs or anything ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.