How to cut down

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey everyone I'm so sorry for starting another discussion lol. So I need to come off the drink. At the very least for a few months until I get my mental health sorted out. I was drinking too much anyway (usually every other night). I have been off the drink for the past 3 nights it was ok. Having a drink tonight then gonna stay off it for 4 nights. Then have a drink then stay off it for 5 nights then have a drink then stay off for 6 nights ect ect until I can do without. I don't start seeing my addiction team until the end of the week so this is not a professional opinion I just wanted an opinion on it? Does it sound ridiculous?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Great plan Vicky. Any plan with gradually drinking less is great. Keep at it and you will feel better. Robin
  • Posted

Give it your best shot. It sounds reasonable and you will be surprised how much fresher you feel after quite a few days off the drink. All the best and keep in touch. Let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

well done  vicky for thinking about giving your booze up.  It won't be easy but you can do this if you try hard enough and stick to a plan. I wish you well and you will feel better in time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.