How to deal with anal fissure in social/work life

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all again, I know we are currently in lockdown but I was wondering if anyone could give advice on how they deal with their fissure in work/social environment? I am very anxious to go back to work, take the transports and having to go out with friends in this painful situation.. I just want to stay home and do nothing that could make it worse. Thank you for the help!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Edited

staying home is nice and convenient.

making sure you have access to a bathroom at all time is good.

also, planning your outing can be helpful

• Edited

This has been a terrible anxiety for me too. I've managed to get into a routine for the first time in my life of getting up and going to the loo first thing. Hasn't taken away the pain obviously but it lessened my anxiety of needing to go when at work or out.

There was no way I CD have done it in a public place. I walk like John Wayne after ive been 😜

• Edited

Ah I wish mine was so scheduled haha! I'm not there yet but hope to be at some point. Like you I just can't do it outside of my house, especially with all the cleaning etc after a BM, being in the comfort of your home is the best. How do you deal in social situation if people comment on your eating/drinking diet? I'm anxious to go out with friends or colleagues and have to say I can't drink alcohol and only certain food, I don't want to be the one kinda ruining the mood by not being like everyone else..

• Posted

If I'm being honest I didn't go out in the first couple of months socially. However if I did see people I was quite open about my problem. There was no way I could hide it. I had to sit on one cheek as the pain was too awful to sit down properly.

If I had an appointment to be at I always said I may need to cancel last minute as there was no way I could leave the house if I hadn't been to the loo 🙄

• Edited

How do people react? I don't think I'm confident enough to talk about it so openly. I guess lockdown is somehow a good thing for us as no one can go out

• Edited

I think I deal with it by being open. I'm a mobile hairdresser and even my clients know about my issue. This helped me so if I needed the loo at their house they understood. 🤣🤣

• Posted

Wow that's great! I don't think I could do that haha I work in an office and we're all young we usually go out for drinks and eating out a lot.. I've just been saying that I have digestive issues 😂

• Edited

And that's all they need to know. Isn't it a shame that when it comes to the bowels we are all embarrassed. You will get through this x

• Edited

Yes I find it so sad how it is embarrassing to talk about it! Thank you for the support it really helps

• Posted

you will be surprise how many people suffer in silence..

• Edited

I'm struggling with this also. My pain is severe at toilet, burning for a while afterwards, then constant dull throbbing aches for the rest of the day. I'm starting to cut myself off from the world until (I hopefully) get a resolution. The pain and discomfort are unreasonable. sometimes I feel like I'm going to go mad. Thankfully working from home, otherwise I'd have quit my job. These are very dark days indeed.

• Posted

I feel the same, I am really anxious about the day I will have to go back in the office I don't know if I'll be able to face it! Hopefully by then things will be a bit better for us!

• Edited

Hang in there.

it will get better with time.

did you get the lis?

• Posted

No I've only had it for 4months and using the cremes, next step for me would be the botox, no Lis as I am still young and the doctor said it could affect giving birth.. So hopefully things will get better..

• Edited

not yet, although I think it is on the cards. I'm petrified. Not sure I've ever been this psychologically traumatised. awaiting next set of tests to rule out cancer. I'm in a place where LIS is a best outcome. struggling to cope. I just want my life back if that makes sense?

• Posted

Hi, thanks for sharing. Can you say what tests they do for cancer? How long since you were diagnosed fissure?

• Posted

Fissure about 4 weeks old but GP wasnt happy when he inspected. telephone consultation on monday with colorectal surgeon. so will see after that. head up my arse, cant lie.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.