How to deal with annoying noises?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello guys.

Well I live in a house with two younger super noisy siblings and I cannot stop being sensitive to noises. Even at school when sometimes they mix another class with us it becomes so crowded and I get headaches everytime. I hate crowded places like parties or ... (I think it's majorly because I am not good at socializing at all).

Well the worst part of the day is between 5-11 pm, when my family gets active, they talk, watch tv, do daily stuff and each of them have a noise that they can't avoid, I've told them like a thousands of times to plz be more quiet but they just don't care and even when they put a book on their desk, they do it with so much sound and I hear every one of them. I close my door, put something into my ear and try to focus on what I'm doing but it doesn't work! The noises seem to be repeating in my head! IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY! And it's like I can't even bare it when someone next to me is eating with noise, and I get really anxious and just want to run away, the only time I can relax is between 12Am to morning, but each morning I am afraid of the following day and the noises again.

What do you suggest me to do??

Ps: It'll get worst, at least now I have my own room, I have to live with roommates in a single room next year and I definitely can't tolerate other people in the same place for a long time so I have to fix this now.

4 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Definitely invest in some foam ear plugs. They work really well. Roll between your fingers , insert in the ear and let them expand. I can't stand listening to my husband screaming at the TV during football games. It helps me deal with it. I also wear them when playing in my music group, or practicing at home to cut down on the ringing in my ears and hearing loss.

If the noise is causing too much stress, do what you can to relieve stress. Yoga, meditation, exercise, sunlight exposure, vitamin D3, B complex vitamins, vitamin C, and natural folate (not sythetic folic acid). Stress causes rapid depletion of vitamin levels in the body which exacerbates neurological problems. That might be causing the feeling of noise in your head.

Best wishes!

• Posted

Hi Matt,

Have you noticed any improvement since you posted this discussion? Other people can be very inconsiderate & oblivious to the bad affect they have on us (even when we drop heavy hints or tell them point blank!)

Have you had any success with ear plugs/ear phones or relaxation techniques? It may be worth having your own "quiet noise" (eg music via headphones) to drown out the other stuff which is obviously causing you anxiety. It's OK to avoid situations where the noise is overwhelming....you will learn what your triggers are and what you can tolerate. I hope things are improving for you. Be strong!

• Posted

I had a similar issue 2 years ago . I go out for a 5 minute walk and it helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.