How to deal with GERD and LPR symptoms? Please help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've dealing with GERD and LPR for a few months now and today is the day I decided to finally see and ENT doctor who diagnosed me with acid reflux and recommended me to take omperazole 40mg for 2 weeks. My main symptoms are sour taste in mouth, burning sensation in throat, throat clearing, coughing, sensation of food feeling stuck that happens instantly when I eat something which causes me to panic and I feel like rushing to the ER, since my health anxiety makes me think that an actual food could be stuck inside my throat, even though I'm breathing, eating and talking just fine. My other symptoms are my voice is hoarse all the time, gag reflux feels sensation and difficulty swallowing. Does anyone else get these symptoms and know what to do on how to deal with them? I feel like this 24/7 and it stresses me out so much.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

i have been suffering with chronic sour taste in mouth for many years. i have had all the tests and unfortunately omeprazole doesnt work. The only relief i get after eating is chewing on gum. If you know of any treatment would you please let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.