How to delete patient forum account permanently

Posted , 14 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi, Could anyone please inform me how to delete my patient account permanently.

Thanks

I SINGH

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

To be honest, I have not tried to delete my account, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the email message, there is something to click on which say's:   You can unsubscribe from all New Discussion emails.  I am not sure if this just stops you receiving messges about the topics coming in however.  Perhaps Admin will see your post and advise you. 

• Edited

Why cant we get out of this?? Now ppl going to gossiping more abt my latisha
    • Posted

Hi,

If you're wondering how you delete your account then unfortunately you can't do this. The only thing you can do is leave and not come back. There's no other way to delete your account.

I'm not sure what else it is your asking but as you've posted on this thread that was done 10 months ago then i'm guessing this is what you're asking.

• Edited

Thx lovey i just kinda figured out no deleting it..thx 4 ure advice xxoo
  • Edited

Hi All - You can delete your account here https://auth.patient.info/my-account -

The steps are...

1. Log in to your account

2. go to https://auth.patient.info/my-account

3. Scroll down to Delete Account

4. Hit Delete Account

Hope that helps, and sorry to see you go.

Cheers, Nick

• Posted

Hi,

As this was first posted 1 year ago the member has most likely not returned. The deleting account feature is also something that's recently been added and wasn't there at the time the person asked the question.

• Posted

Hey Denise15811 , Yes - we released it as part of the GDPR work that was going on.

I posted here in case other people came looking in the future as I have seen people ask before

N

• Posted

Thank you jetski, I didn't realise it was new until i read your reply and looked myself. Great addition, now we just need an edit button for the posts, so we can edit our own replies. It can be very frustrating when we make an error and can't correct it. Thanks for the info, appreciated.

• Posted

Ah - Edit... Well, there are some new things coming to the forums over the next month or so (keep it low key, but you might see a redesign to address some usability issues we have observed).

We know Edit is important, its on the backlog... as you can imagine, this being a health forum there;s quite a few aspects to it that we have to consider. Providing Edit is easy, but providing Edit in a safe way that maintains the the integrity of the discussion is tough.

Anyways, keep your eyes on the forums, as new things will appear over the next month or so.

N

• Posted

Very interesting. Thank you so much for all this information, much appreciated!
    • Posted

The discussions I am afraid have to remain, however we do anonymise your account so its irretrievable.
    • Posted

Is there at least a way to delete images? I uploaded some I would consider very private, and now that my inquiries have been answered I would prefer it if they were not easily found online.
    • Posted

I'm glad I found this post. I have deleted my account and am waiting for it to finalise. I also wanted to delete all my posts, but having them anonymised is a good compromise. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.