How to fix my reward system and make my dopamine level to normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. My issue depends on that I can't stay motivated and don't like doing hard things, even to read few pages of a book. I'm trying to dopamine detox but I am too strong addicted of my phone. How can I remedy it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Set yourself a task or tasks each day that you enjoy doing away from any phone or internet with the time spent on the task getting longer and longer each day. Then when you have completed the task ,reward yourself with something. It may be your phone.

The task has to be longer each day, the reward shorter each day.

If you can ask a trusted friend to help you with this it may be beneficial.

Leave your phone at home and go out for a walk at first, or go jogging , swimming, join a gym. Are you at work or still at college?

You are aware of the problem, its a question of you now being in charge of the outcome. It will be hard at first but remember you are in charge, and are the master of your phone, not the other way around.

• Posted

Really helpfully answer. I really like this type of solving issue - fixing reward system by properly specified rewards. It seems really logical and I'm going to put it into practice. Thank You so much for the advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.