How to fix post-acne marks

Edited , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, 23yo male here. I used to have big acne problems as a teenager and im wondering if there is way to fix the marked landscape left behind. Please only comment if you are a medical professional. Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    This is a patient website, you will be hard pressed to find a genuine medical professional on here.

    There is laser treatment for acne scars. But if you want to speak to a medical professional there are websites where you can speak to doctors.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Yes I agree that there are no medical experts on here as it is patient led. I had very severe acne and have to lead a life with acne scars and pits in my skin. Many years ago I had 2 dermabrasions which helped a lot. However this has now been superceded by laser treatment. You might not need this though and your first point of call is to see a dermatologist. If you are in the UK your doctor can refer you. Laser treatment is not available on the NHS unless you can prove psychological damage caused by your complexion. If you have to go private it is very expensive. Good look uck.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up