how to get a job looking like you have crud

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a severe case which flares every three weeks.  I try everthing and my eyes lids are always red and dryness around and under eyes.  I gave up on looking attractive and wear no make up and resigned myself to be alone. But how do I look for a job when I look like I am a drug addict or have a disease.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Gosh,i guess just be honest and tell them. I know its hard,i used to wear eye make up every day. Yesterday i saw a picture of myself from 3 years ago and i looked so different. My eyes look so dull now and not very healthy,sometimes swollen. Lets hope they find a real cure for these eye issues. Xx
  • Posted

I don't know how long you have had this so I don't know if you've tried everything yet . One of the most popular maintenance routines involves using one drop of Teatree oil and a squirt of baby shampoo in the morning to wash your face preferably during the shower letting lots of warmish not hot not cool warmish water fall on your eyelids then apply an antibacterial ointment across your eyelids with closed eyes and though you won't be able to wear make up you should be able to get a handle on the redness and the itching and watery eyes use a moisturizer on your face so you don't dry out your complexion taking antihistamine 10 mg tablets or tech or other 10 mg tablets antihistamine daily to control itching use the AccuSoft foam or the pads to wash your eyes during the day mid-day and always have your refresh Lacri-Lube with you as well as the refresh eyedrops you can get a handle on this and find a job just try and be conscientious about your daily cleansing routine change your bedding often do you want compresses even when you feel better watch with the AccuSoft to keep the bacteria down and last but not least get another opinion not just go but don't just go by what your ophthalmologist or optometrist told you someone out there may have a routine or suggestion that will help you good luck I'm lucky that this doesn't happen to me until after I retired I don't know what I would've done if I had to go out of the job looking the way I look when I get my blepharitis flareups it would be impossible I commiserate with you good luck Agnes

• Posted

My heart goes out to you! So many of us on this site can sympathize with u ! I've only began my journey with blepharitis in October so I too am in the complete learning stage the only thing I can tell u is that this site has been more help to me than all the drs I have seen! Try looking at some of the older discussions and try to pick and choose some the ideas u read about I tried the flax seed mask I read about and I love it!!! Also some tinted glasses may mask it a little! Just know that u must not give up on yourself ! There r employers out there that will see beyond the blepharitis plus honesty is usually the best policy ! Good luck to u and let us know how things move along!!🙏

• Posted

I had a bad flareup during which my eyelids above and beelow right up to my cheekbones were swollen...I looked like a frog and felt like a monster...for two weeks I used AzaSite 3x a day, applied both cool (for the swelling) and warm compresses throughout the day, loads of Systayne Nightime Gel in add to Refresh Gel Eye Drops and was a complete shutin....couldn't read only watched Tv...oh, yeah, I had such itching that about a dozen times a day I ened up rubbing my eyes mercilessly to hieve relief. I took 10 mg tab of ceterazine hydrochrolride (Zyrtech) to help with the itch and weeping eyesi should have in reased it to 20mg but was so miserable I couldn't even think straight

Now, three weeks later, im on the mend. Three weeks of AzaSite, lots of lacrilube to be able to sleep, use Refresh eye drops and added a midday washing with a single drop of tea tree oil. In baby shampoo in addition to doing so first thing in the morning and before bed.

I take 6000 mg of fish oil caps, 1,000 of flaxseed oil and primrose oil caps too. I have been doing so for a mo th now and will not stop in case its part of my being able to keep theze flare ups Way so I can deal with my daily routine to co trol my bleph on a daily basis.

I was left with a mSk-like riing of red, raw, senzitive dry skin that felt like leather every morning before my shower...I used coconut oil applying all day long each time it dried up as it has highanti-ba terial properties. It help a lot but I also ended up going to a dermatologist who prescribed TACROLIMUS OINTMENT,which is used for eczema. I will use it spari gly as the dry skin is almost gone now but its almost an entire month nust to get back to what I now have to consider mild symptoms of bleph. Its a new normal now. I railed against it for seven months, tried everything, sometimes did too much and made things worse, and have finally accepted that digence and adherence to my cleansing routine is part of my life now..

So friends im signing off now that I know where I stand, have shared my journey, and have nothi g more to offer any of you.

Good lu k, God Blesz.

Agnes

• Posted

Agnes

I'm hoping you'll receive this message at some point !! U have shared so many useful ideas to help us live more comfortably and for that, I in particular, am ever so grateful!! Your generosity is appreciated!??

Just wanted to share that I went to a new dr yesterday who also coincidentally also advised me to begin putting protopic (tacrolimus) carefully on my upper and Lower lid since my skin is thick and raw half way down my cheek he says that since I have such stubborn eczema my whole life he believes that the blepharitis is secondary to the eczema today I'm already seeing improvements as I always do using protopic I'm putting it on 2x daily fir 2 weeks then going back to discuss how to proceed thereafter he also told me to stop the baby shampoo immediately and use steri lid scrub instead so far so good I'll see where the next two weeks takes me I'm feeling a little more hopeful today !! Peace and comfort to all!! Terri 😎

• Posted

Terri,

Im glad to hear you too are pleased the Tacrolimus ointment is helping. I read the package insert carefully as to side effects, especially as I may very well be turning to it again in future, though I hope not. Fingers crossed. Still knowing weepy eyes filled with bacteria is par for the course, I'm glad to add it to my growing arsenal of bleph weapons.

I am curious though about your doctor's warning you off baby shampoo??? Is it because it's particularly drying? Or becauze, as you say, you've always had eczema?? This is the first time for me and solely due to the side effect of bleph bacteria's dripping onto and around my eyes when im sleeping..

Also, WHAT IS STERI LID?? I use the baby shampoo with the tea tree oil, which I am relying on going forward as my main bacteria control.

Thanks for your response.

• Posted

Terri

Thanks for your good wishes and encouragement. This site has been inspiring on several levels.

Please tell me WHAT IS STERI LID?? Is it something as gentle as baby shampoo that I can use with my single drop of tea tree oil to wash morni g and night??

Thanks again for your k i nd words.

Good luck going forwRd,

Agnes

• Posted

I started to get scared it would get to sepsis and go into my brain. 😩

• Posted

Agnes

I have suffered with eczema since I was little with that said the ophthalmologist told me that the baby shampoo does not do the job ( and not good for my skin) so he told me to use Thera tears steri lid it is a foam cleanser that feels great I believe it has tea tree oil in it it feels much better than the baby shampoo so I'm sticking with it hope that helps!!!

Best of health to u!

Terri😎

• Posted

Dear KP,

I killed Blepharitis with the Wet Ones, antibacterial handwipes, in the Red Box sold in the US.

I wore makeup and killed it at the same time.

The first person to use the wipes told me that her eyes were red and she wore glasses and did her colored her hair to take away from her eyes.

After two weeks of using the wipes, she told me her eyes were now white.

If you do not have sensitive skin and are not allergic to detergents or fabric softeners or lanolin you may be able to try them. They have .3% Benzethonium Chloride in them. This is what kills the bacteria. 

It does take over 3 months to kill it. I posted how on this site or if you are interested let me know and I will tell you how.

You do need to buy new makeup and never double dip.Buy throw away wands for mascara. You need to wash your facw with 2 washcloths. You do not want to reinfect if one eye is getting better faster. This info on the washcloth was online by a Dr too.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.