How to get my son tested for austim?

Posted , 3 users are following.

my son already goes to Edwin lobo over his hyperactivity (adhd) they haven't said he had it officially due to him only being 4 nearly 5 as they have said they can't officially say it untill he is 6 but he has been showing hyperactivity on every visit but my question is if I mention all the similarities between my son and austim will they look into it or will I have to go to the doctors? as on every visit I've told Edwin lobo about the sleep problems the melt downs his problems with certain foods (all to-do with texture depends whether he'll eat or not) the feakouts to any change to his normal routine and speech delay, hyperactivity and soo many more aswell ,it has only just clicked in my head he could have it after an incident yesterday the school had a Xmas party and I get pulled aside to be told he's been stroppy/crying all day even come home like it it took me 2hrs to settle him he was in a bad state then being told by a family member it sounds more like austim it made me realise it could be more than just ADHD so I googled signs of austim which is when I see there are soo many that relate to him.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Tell us the other things he does and does not do ? like looking into your eyes? being touched? understanding emotions? communicating ?

• Posted

thanks for the reply but I decided to speak to the doctor's listed my concerns and they agree it sounds like autism so they have now referred him

• Posted

yes i was going to day just chat to your paediatrician and they can do an initial screening. Usually to get a diagnosis you need inout from other health care professionals who have assessed tour child and provide evidence for the paediatrician to work with. Can be a long road (took my son 4 years to get diagnosed). Wishing you lots of luck with it all.

• Posted

yes i was going to day just chat to your paediatrician and they can do an initial screening. Usually to get a diagnosis you need inout from other health care professionals who have assessed tour child and provide evidence for the paediatrician to work with. Can be a long road (took my son 4 years to get diagnosed). Wishing you lots of luck with it all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.