How to get natural sleep back

Posted , 5 users are following.

Basically I had covid in Feb this year and have struggled with Insomnia since.

I've been on a mix of either Zopiclone or Zolpidem since (4 months). They are just not working anymore. Some nights I get 2 hours some 4 some none.

At the moment I'm taking 1.5 x Zopicline 3.75 mg

Before covid I got 10 hours with ease but now if I do sleep I wake up after 2 hours then can't fall back asleep.

I just want to be able to sleep myself again. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Should I just taper down the Z drug as its only getting me 2 hours anyway?

I've tried:

Melatonin

Valarian root

Nytol

Mitazapine

Nothing seems to get me to sleep and I'm just knackered and no one seems to understand how hard it is. I feel its effecting my professional career too as my brain just can't think on no sleep.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dave,

I am on Diazepam withdrawals and getting very little sleep. It's horrid! My memory is shot-through too! Have you tried CBDs? They help me to get to sleep earlier than I normally would at night but I am waking after just 4-5 hours sleep and feeling fatigued all day. Do you feel like that? Sorry, I'm not much help to you. Keep trying and the best of good luck!

• Posted

Nothing seems to get me to sleep and I'm just knackered and no one seems to understand how hard it is. I feel its effecting my professional career too as my brain just can't think on no sleep.

Feeling a similar way to you. Knackered and unable to think clearly at all, like you. Does your doctor understand your experiences? Mine doesn't. Have you thought of having a day off from cutting? I just increase my meds for one night and go back to reducing 0.5 per day. Best wishes.

• Posted

Hey, were you able to stop Zopicline and get over insomnia. There are many methods that can be used to try and get sleep naturally. But, the method that works for one may not work for the others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.