How to get rid off/ reduce neck scarring? (still pretty fresh)

Posted , 4 users are following.

No creams seem to be working, no amount of bio oil is doing anything. I'm devasted. Any reccomendations?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Do you have access to aloe plant?  this is something used for a long time by native americans to reduce scarring, burns, etc. Split the leaf lengthwise and open it up, scrape the gel from the inside, this is placed directly on the burn or scar.
    • Posted

I will get the aloe plant tomorrow, thank you for the suggesstion
  • Posted

If you haven't tried it, Bepanthen has a special anti-scar cream that is worth trying. And friends of mine swear by Vitamin E oil capsules. Try to keep the scar out of the sun, too. A cosmetic dermatologist can give you laser treatment which will help, but it's important to find a highly reputable one. Good luck!
  • Posted

Morning xxcatxx; if as you say, it is still fresh, time will help; but  Ihave always used the Vitamin E, as mentioned before. I know that as the area is exposed, it can become an issue (embarrasing at times), but it will heal, and try not to let it get to you, as we all have many scars (even the usual battle scars....I have a large brown scar on R) outer calf, from when being late teens and trying to be "cool"..lent against a hot motor-bike muffler, and ouch...a 3rd dgree burn, which I never treated properly..silly hey), and my sister says she looks like a Cross-word Grid from her many post-op scars.....but do try the Vitamin E cream, and here in Australia, there is a gel called Sitocel Gel, which acts like a barrier and assists in all types of healing (from post-op to burns...acts like a second skin)  and as also stated, protect from direct sunlight.    good luck   Bron
    • Posted

Thanks so much will definitely try these.. and sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience.
  • Posted

If nothing works then just start a collection of lovely silk scarves.
    • Posted

that is a nice idea....I wear a scarf with a lot of my outfits...feel they had that "little extra touch".....try this idea too  xxcatxx......Bron 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.