How to get the Vitamin C inserted deeply in the vagina?

Posted , 19 users are following.

Ok, I may have made a little bit of progress with my BV. I've been inserting it twice per day for the past 5 days and I tested my discharge with PH paper and it's in the 4 range which is good for the vagina. It hasn't been 4 in years...

My question is, how do I get the Vitamin C deep enough into my vagina?

If you read this abstract about a study on Vitamin C and BV - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21650086 It says "apply a tablet deeply into the vagina once daily for 6 days."

How deep do I insert it and how do I do it?

I can only push the Vitamin C in about half the length of my longest finger (I have average size length fingers.)

Is this deep enough???

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rachel, may I know your condition now? I hope it work tho by inserting the vitamin C.
  • Posted

I did some reading and I read to put it on a plain non scented tampon and insert as usual. Not sure on the time frame it takes to be comfortable removing it but I'm about to do it and I'm going to shoot for an hour as I would wear a tampon normally. I also bought Activia, Apple cider vinegar raw and unfiltered and peroxide. If you nor anyone responds or is interested I will update.

• Posted

I’m 38 years old and have been struggling with BV since I was 17. It’s a horribly embarrassing problem and completely ruins self esteem and confidence. When I was young I had no idea how to combat it. The drs look at u like you’re filthy after you’re there a couple times with it, as if IT isn’t humiliating enough. There was no internet then, and no where to turn. As I got older and had more resources to look for cures and prevention, I realized different things work for different women and nothing that worked for everyone else worked for me! I finally, after spending years of recurring infections and more money than I can count found something that’s worked for me, and anyone else that suffered from BV that I led to it. And it was so simple and cheap. I got 30 boric acid suppositories from eBay for ten bucks, and a huge bag of baking soda from Sams Club. I washed my privates with baking soda, and used a boric acid suppository nightly. During this time I am also trying to eat yogurt with live cultures once daily and sometimes even took a drink of apple cider vinegar.  It worked so well that any time I develop a symptom I follow this regimen and it’s gone before it starts.  My oldest daughter also got BV regularly. This worked for her as well and also for a friend of mine who could not seem to get rid of it. I have told these forums for years reading what works for everyone else. I’ve never replied to anyone until now. Now I feel like I have something useful to say and I really hope that this works for someone else. It’s a pretty  Big deal because nothing ever worked for me. Good luck. I hope this can be the beginning of the end of this Unpleasant journey for you.
    • Posted

Hello!

I was wondering how long you did this before it started to work. I've been suffering from bv for six months and it was gone, following the use of tea tree oil mixed in with tea tree oil. But now it's back, and worst than before. I'm about desperate, how long did you do the boric acid for? And how long before it started to work?

Thank you so much for sharing!

• Posted

i have been using a vitamin c tablet for a year now. after my period finishes my bv starts. i put one vitamin c tablet at night time it clears it up until th next pout. always put at night it stays put high up and wont sting because it wont travel down and you will be asleep. always works for me

• Posted

I brought the same thing but I found it quiet odd .

first 3 nights pushed in right in my cervix

but the last 3 nights I pushed into my cervix but the tablet fall out in my bed and another night it was broke on half and was in my tunnel .

you need applicator really I pushed them up with my fingers .

• Posted

it always stays. i do straight away lie down thou. by th morning i am cured for that month lol

• Posted

with just one tablet?

I've been using them 6 nights vagi C it's called but I come on early and now its back so frustrating.

i might get some more vagi c only £13

Amazon prime .

I want it gone but even a few weeks break from the smell is good .

I'm getting a curry smell now lol

• Posted

Hi Rachel I've suffered with this embarrassing condition all my adult life.

I'm going to try vitamin c again after a recent course of metronizadole just gave me oral thrush and the BV was back within days.

I'm finding it impossible to source silicon coated 250mg vitamin c with no sweeteners etc and I'd be interested to hear what other people are using. Does it have to be slow release (as I have read)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.