How to heal a lanced HS boil faster

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had my groin HS boil lanced almost 4 weeks ago and still waiting for it to heal. Recently went back for follow up and dermatologist used an electric tool to burn off the beefy pink skin and now it’s flat but still not healed yet.  The spot is on the outside of the labia in the groin and every time I pee , it gets on the bandage and it’s soaked.  So depressing and Im going on vacation in August and hoping it will be healed by then.  Any suggestions to heal it faster 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I would recommend a sitz bath.

It is a bowl that sits on the toilet you fill with water and Epsom salt (cost less than $10 for the bowl at most drugstores)

Alternatively soak in the tub with Epsom salt

• Posted

Thanks . I am currently doing the epsom soak in the bath tub. Is that ok? I was doing it once a day but should I be doing it more than one time a day?
  • Posted

Try a waterproof bandage. It has to be dry to heal faster. In CVS, you should be able to find something may be a long adhesive waterproof tape or self adhesive waterproof bandage.

Eat more turmeric and cumin in your diet. Basically everything that helps coagulation and healing both.

• Posted

I tried the water proof bandage but it just falls in the toilet after I pee. I did buy some turmeric capsules so maybe I will try that . How much of the termeric should I take per day ?
  • Posted

There is a dressing gauze which can help speed up the healing process, but is only available in uk.
    • Posted

Hi

whats it called I'm looking for more effective gauzes and plasters pls 

• Posted

I got some sample gauze, which is impregnated with plant extract, for dressing wounds, from a friend. it is very effective but he cant get them anymore.I can let you have a few for you to try. in the meantime I will keep searching for these dressings.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.