how to heal slow healing open wounds.help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I have a open wound under my armpits from an abscess i had a long time ago. It is pretty big. About half of an inch. What can i do to make it heal. I do not see Any signs of healing. what can i do. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Steroid cream from your doctor may help. It speeds up the healing process.
  • Posted

Hi joavila,

Crystal is right, it's one for the doctor.

With my HS it got to the stage that when open wounds healed shut they simply just filled up again until they inevitably burst, 2 or 3 in the same area would then form tracks and the gunk would literally run from top to bottom of the whole area.

Not pleasant I know, best of luck with yours.

• Posted

So sorry to hear that. I guess it's something. Is cortizone any good. If anyone had tried
  • Posted

Depending on how big it is you can also ask your doctor for packing, it's not nice but it's like cotton wool you put inside the wound and change everyday which heals it from the inside meaning hopefully you won't be left with a track, hope it's healing up by now though smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.