How to increase dosage of Amithropline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I have been taking Amithropline since last year June at 25mg for depression and Anxiety. I felt good in the beginning and I am back to square one. I don't know what to do can someone help me... How to increase dosage and if this will help.

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zara, I’m not taking them anymore, as I have completely lost my appetite while taking them, even having a glass of water was a challenge. I didn't feel good any longer taking them.

I suggest you visit your doctor it’s the safefast way to know what to do. Sorry if I wasn’t much of helpsad 

Ana xx

• Posted

Hi zara, i used to take Amitriptyline but eventually weaned off it. Firstly this is an old antidepressant which, you normally need to take at a much higher dose for it to be effective ( i am lead to believe). Also when i took this medication i had to increase it as it stopped working for my nerve pain so ended up increasing twice then  decided to come off it slowly. one of the many side effects of coming off this drug is anxiety. there are much better drugs for antidepressants, speak to your gp x 
    • Posted

Hi amanda59745, thank you so much. I was given this last June, and honestly it worked really good for me, I am taking 25mg and now I am slowly beginning to feel the same. So I don't know if I should increase the dose or ask for something else.

Thank you again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.