How to manage COPD Triggers

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've just been reading again about triggers, mostly we know what these triggers are but I thought I would post the information for any one arriving here who is recently diagnosed or unaware of the triggers.

I will include the link to the full article below (hopefully the link will be approved by the administrator)  

" A COPD flare-up is a period in which new symptoms develop or existing symptoms suddenly become more severe.

It is essential to treat these episodes and work to prevent future flare-ups because they can require hospitalization and cause a person's COPD to progress faster.

In this article, we explore the importance of identifying COPD triggers and discuss ways to avoid them. We also describe the warning signs of a flare-up and general tips for managing COPD.  "

Read more here:  https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323239.php

Hope everyone is fairing well and most all have had their annual flu shot to help protect the lungs during the winter months.

Have a great day.

Regards V

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Vee2; a handy reminder with autumn then winter coming along. 

• Posted

Hi campbell, yes its always a dodgy time for us all during winter months.  Keep well, breathing easy x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.