How to Mange Blepharatis

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was previously diagnosed with Blepharatis. It appears that such condition is not curable but can only be managed. I continue to coordinate with my doctor to find an effective medication, so far, all attempts have been ineffective.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

John, i find blephagel very helpful and also anti histamine.
  • Posted

john13641,

I have found manuka honey to be extremely helpful.....I use Doctor Manuka #20 from Amazon....using a qtip swab it underneath my lower lashes and smear it over my upper lashes like eyeliner...then rub my eyes...sit down with a towel and wait for the burn....lasts a few minutes....I do it morning and night before bed....do research on it....it has turned my bleph around and I will never go back....no symptoms!!!

• Posted

did your eye doc tell you it's okay to put honey pretty much

in your eye?  Leery about anything right into eye that can

get behind eye.....

• Posted

Personally I would find honey sticky and messy and would be loathe to use on my eyes
    • Posted

Check out this article...."Effect of antibacterial honey on the ocular flora in tear deficiency and meibomian gland disease."  This information gave me the courage to try the honey and I am so glad I did.  Honey is actually good for the eyes.  Google....manuka honey and blepharitis....read personal testimonies.

• Posted

I use prescription Avanova morning and night. 

Refresh Optive Advancd triple action eye drops because it does not blurr my vision, it lubricates, hydrates, and helps keep tears from evaporating.

Aveeno cream on lids if they itch.

Things are maintained for me with this regime. 

• Posted

What is Avanova please? Everything I've tried so far ( coconut oil,tea tree and even castor oil) has given me blurred vision for most of the morning so driving to work is tricky!

• Posted

I fond a trigger for me is sun and heat,that causes them to swell and be aggreviated. if i stay out of those two things eyes are not as bad.
  • Posted

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I really appreciate your efforts and time. I suppose those of us who suffer from this condition, due to its chronic nature and/or sufferings we have to endure are kind of a kidred spirit in a sense. Just to give you a backgroud, first prescription was Maxitrol and Doxin for one week. I was advised to return a week after. My eyes improved for about a week after the treatment and then it came back. 

It has been a year and condition has not improved. I told by my doctor to use a baby shampoo and recently, a blepha gel, in the morning and in the evening. I was also given an eye lubricant, cationorm. 

Maxitrol from my readings could not be use long term. Thus, I requested my doctor for a substitute which can be used for management. He first suggested Erythromycin oitment. It did not work for me. Then he suggested Nevanac, which I found out was antibacterial and primarily used for those who underwent cataract operation. 

After three days my eyes worsened. I am planning to go to another opthalmologist for a second opinion. Medicines in my country are quite expensive. Arithomycin opthalmic is not available in my country. 

My journey continues. 

• Posted

OcuSoft Plus Lid Scrub Plus is said to be as good as prescription strength Avenova. It is available through Amazon and over the counter at most CVS/ Walgreens. For Blepharitis the Plus version treats the bacteria involved.

I've been using Avenova lash & Lid Scrub which works well but is about $36 and my pharmacy has to order it each renewal. OcuSoft Plus is about $20. I going to try it and compare.

I have very sensitive skin so I'll apply it only to the lash line area and see how it goes.

• Posted

I use Ocusoft.  Hard for me to get a real test on it.  I've

just had cataract surgery on both eyes.   I do cut the

Ocusoft little pad in half and use half on each eye.  Won't

be passing anything from one eye to the other that way.

• Posted

Find yor triggers,mine is heat,sun,hot watr,makeup,when i realized all thet,my eyes got better wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.