How to minimize a scar

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was operated on my leg due to a fracture. My external fixator was removed a few days ago and it has left dark 5 dark scars on my leg.. Is there a remedy to minimize it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Over time the scar will hopefully fade. At the moment it is important to apply sunblock to prevent hyper pigmentation.

Once the wound has healed completely you could gently massage the area using a scar cream e.g. Palmers scar serum.

• Posted

St. John's Wort Oil! Type it up with the word "scars" in your search engine and offer yourself a treat. I've read that it can do wonders for Caesarean section scars, which among the ugliest.

If you want to purchase some, make sure that you obtain it fresh from a dependable local herborist. The oil should be a vivid red color. If the oil isn't fresh, it loses its medicinal properties due to oxydation.

Best of luck,

Greg.

• Posted

Thanks greg

I will try it. I hope I can find it here in our country..

• Posted

4 of my pinsites on my foot have healed nicely themselves but the two on my shin/leg, were very deep and have scared badly im just going to give it time to heal and hope for the best

i try to massage with moistureiser but i dont really like touching it i should invest in some proper scar ointment! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.