how to provent thigh cramps

Posted , 2 users are following.

help I get terrible thigh cramps every so often the docs cant help just left to get on with it the problem is that it is always in both legs together and it last for 3-7 days the pain is un-real and the stiffness that follows is just as bad any1 got any advice I workout with weights 90mins and 30mins cardio 4days a week but I get the cramp when I take time off the docs say it not the training as I warm up with a 3mile cycle ride and warm down I drink 2-3ltrs of water per day got a great diet I need some advice please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I suffer with night cramps though not half as much as I used to. Some tips that I have found out on the way. Never drink whole coffee. Never drink anything that comes in a clear plastic bottle (I bet you do) the chemicals leach into the water or whatever. you can google this. Exercise early on, not at bedtime. Wear socks in bed, sounds daft but they make parameters for your feet to remind you how not to move them about. You seem to have long spells of cramp so my favourite one won't work. I always have a drink by my bed in case I get cramp in the night and drinking it makes the pain go away. When I was young cycling used to give me cramp. Now I get it about once a week. the worse was when I was asleep and woke up suddenly with the pain felt like being shot in the leg, it would affect my walking for the rest of the day. Spome people get torn ligaments from this if it is real bad. I hope some of this will be of use to you as I know how screamingly painful it is.
  • Posted

yes I do drink the odd bottled water its funny I stopped drinking coffee over 2yrs ago but started again in October 13 and started getting niggerly twinges in my thighs I exercise from 530 in the morning I have stopped this week drinking coffee to see if it makes any difference

thanks for advice

• Posted

I hope it helps Karl. Oh and another thing that will definitely give me cramp, sitting in a car that is parked, never worked out why only know that it is so. June

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.