How to reduce your peeing at night.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Recently I have been taking an over-the-counter Motrin (Ibuprofen) 200 mg every night to reduce the number of times I have to wake up to pee at night.  As a result of the Motrin, I have reduced the times I have to get up from 2 to 4 times a night, to zero to 1 time a night.  I am totally delighted with this result.  In searching the internet on Google, I have found other people who also report this very beneficial effect with either 200 mg or 400 mg of Motrin each night.  Or they take other NSAIDs like Aleeve or Volteran, etc.  Also I drink no fluids after 9pm.

A few caveats:  (1.) NSAIDs can cause stomach irritation and/or bleeding, so take your pills with a decent amount of water or some food.  And (2.) it is said that NSAIDs can harm the kidneys.  So if you have kidney disease, (a.) you might not want to take much NSAID, (b.) you might want to check your kidney function yearly, and (c.) you probably should discuss this with your doctor.  But remember, medical advice says a normal person can safely take up to 2400 mg of Motrin per day - and that's a lot.  Or you could take it only a few times a week.  And I want you all to know I am not being rewarded by Motrin in any way - I am just a very happy user!!!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Damn wish they had an editor on this forum.

Happy New Year to you to Jerry.

• Posted

Well said, Jerry. Ibuprofen works for me too. It is also cheap. Thanks for sharing. Hank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.