How to regain mobility and strength

Posted , 4 users are following.

my partner had frozen shoulder last year. he went past the painful stage but didn't do any rehab to regain mobility and strength so 20 months later still only has 50%movement. My nagging has finally paid off and good old google has pointed in direction of eccentric exercises using light weights to try build up strength and movement.. did these one day but his shoulder was really sore the day after so afraid now doing the wrong thing. 2 days later pain is gone again . Cant really afford a physio , anyone any experience of this? is pain normal the day after rehab exercises?

Hes also doing some resistance band stretches .

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

start out slowly. only a few repetions. if it hurts stop. the shoulder can get better slowly depending on how severe the damage. it is painful , rest, ice and anti inflam meds help. give it time. keep shoulder in a sling when weight of arm is painful. stop using shoulder for daily tasks until the pain have resolved.

sometimes surgery is a option to release the frozen capsule if PT has failed.

• Posted

Yeah, I have similar experience. When I try new exercises, I have pain in the evening or the next day. It seems that my muscles get weak very quickly if not used, and any kind of activity makes them sore right away. The key is to start very slowly, and build up from there.

• Posted

hi valerie

just posted about MET. got two frozen and surgery post 8 weeks . google it. its made a real difference to my ROM.

was sceptic now a convert. it works

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.