How to relax.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. Today I seem to be having a really bad day. I just can't realax. I am clenching my jaw, feel like my sholders are up by my chin. An iv got that feeling of dread. Iv Tried everything an I just can't calm down X 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sally.

Go onto YouTube and try a guided meditation, they really do work great. I usually do a positive affirmation one or a deep relaxation one for anxiety.

Also a brisk walk may help with headphones on.xx

• Posted

I will try this. I have downloaded an app on my phone for meditation. Which ill try as well. Thanks so much . Xx
  • Posted

there r some things that I do them n I get better.reading a book can distracts ur mind.or taking a look in chatrooms n talking to ppl.lying on sofa watching ur favrt movie.drinking a hot coffee.writing about ur self on ur notebook.calling to an old frnd.meditation sometimes works too.repeating some positive sentences in ur mind n just waiting to disappearing those awful feelings.listening ur fvrt song with a loud voice.taking a hot shower.if u can go out that moment u can go for taking a walk on beach or go to park n sit there n watch diffrnt ppl they distract u n make u feel good.
    • Posted

Thanks ill try all this. It's just so hard to stop my mind working overtime. Xxx
  • Posted

All fab suggestions. It's good to curl up on sofa, get the duvet and pillow off the bed, get some chocolate biscuits, cup of hot chocolate, put the TV on watch a film or read, whatever you want to do even have a blubber if you feel like it but give yourself permission to stay there for as long as you want.

if you have to get up take the duvet with you.

• Posted

Thanks I'm lying on my bed now. But I get so annoyed at myself because I feel guilt. I should be tidying up or down the washing. Which then stresses me out more then I feel worse. Xxx
  • Posted

mp,yea I know what u say sometimes its so hard.but u will learn how to calm ur self little by little.;-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.