How to relieve Gastritis?!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey everyone,

I have been diagnosed with gastritis for many years and it comes and goes. But this time it is honestly unbearable. I feel like I would just rather die. I am up ALL night for the last 4 nights rocking back and forth in severe pain. I can't eat Anything at all. or it just makes it hurt worse. I've been to the doctor countless amount of times for this and if makes me so angry bc they can never do anything for me but give me a bunch of medication that doesn't work. 2 days ago i was in the emergency room bc the pain was so bad and they gave me Morophien in my IV and it did absolutely nothing at all. That is how bad I was in pain. I am working on getting a scope done, but is there anything anybody has tried that gives them some form of relief??

I have tried Tums,Prosalec,Caraphate, Mylanta, Pepto Bismel, just about everything honestly. and nothing seems to help.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a very careful gastritis diet?

(it's no fun to stay e.g. off chocolate)

I think some people here in forum can give you a very good do and don'ts advice.

Have you tried teas,

written down which food you ate and hurt? (in order to not eat it again)

Meds often do not do the trick, food/drinks can be medicine or trigger.

• Posted

I drink hot water or hot tea when my gastritis pain becomes so severe. It takes time but works for me .
  • Posted

Have they been watching your white blood cells? My husband seven years ago had the same type of thing going on. Not to scare you! after three months his white cells jumped to 200thousands, he was diagnosed with Lukemia. We were told that it could of went on forever, was just a matter of when it decided to show itself.
    • Posted

That's some surprise you got. Hopefully treated/treatable?

White blood cell count should be basic

whenever blood is taken, venturagirl16 got iv medication, so one hopes at least blood counts were done when having the needle in anyway.

Then again, when we went to ER with huge abdominal cramping, not even blood was taken, only at second time....

• Posted

Gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining. H.Pyloria is responsible in my case .  Were you tested for it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.