How to sleep with cast

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, i got, well its distal fibia fracture, part of bone i am not 100% sure, they didnt told me name of bone (why would they), but that doesnt matter. I had leg cast on me for 3 weeks now (for some reason they pitted me in full leg cast) i passed without surgery lucky. I cant seem to fall asleep on time, its allways arround 5am that i am able to sleep maybe, sometimes i dont sleep at all and it really frustrates me, since its fastest time passed in this thing and bone helas faster during the sleep (at least i think so). Maybe its due to my age, i am 20, maybe i have excess of strengh in me that is just standing, cant use it like normally since i am in bed 24/7. Do you guys know some way to tire myself up for sleep, idk what to do, i just wanna to sleep normally? 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I too have a distal fibula fracture except I had surgery. I couldn't sleep well for the first 3to4 weeks either so I told my doctor about it and he prescribed me a muscle relaxer called flexaril .with that and the norco for pain I was able to fall asleep and eventually got back into a sleep pattern.

• Posted

I am right now at doctor, they took off old long cast and put short one, but there is a problem...on back of my heel is black...idk what that means i just know that it is not normal... rolleyes 
    • Posted

It's been 12 weeks in a walking boot for me with no weight bearing and I have a black spot on the side of my foot the orthopedic said it was normal but didn't tell me what it was

• Posted

For me its on the heel, it scares s**t out of me...i dont know what will now happen...i am scared, they didnt told me single thing about it, i want to know what it is can it be cured...i am going to start to pannic...
    • Posted

It looks like pressure sore but its black only...idk 
    • Posted

I didnt saw it, bc its on my heel and i cant bend my leg to see it (i just got short cast, untill now was full leg cast, so my knee is stiff) i just caught glimse that it was black color skin..i asked the doctor there, he sayed it is normal and i asked him about mine, so he told me that its nothing to be stressed about, in “worst case scenario” they will need to pop that and take out something, idk i didnt saw ooze from there, nothing just black color skin. They made window and i need to go every 2 days for treating a wound...tho it still doesnt give me reassurance, i am still paranoid about that thing...its there i know its there, it doesnt hurt right now, but i just want it gone...he sayed it will be gone by the day i take off my cast...
  • Posted

I would ask your doctor for pain meds to help you sleep and, I have had a foot cast for over months no black stuff although like Bobby mentioned crusty & flakes by the heel. I would asked you doctor about it good luck with this injury.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.