How to start exercising?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone

I'm a 25 yr old female I want to start exercising. 🏋🚵I have always been thin but now currently my sedentary lifestyle. I stay in my bed almost all day. I stand at 5'9 barefoot and weigh about 140 lbs. I want to get in shape and be healthy now. I'm trying to quit soda and drink water instead. I bought Whey Protein Powder and a multivitamin. This is my first time exercising. Yesterday I squat, bench step ups, chair step ups, hip raise, reverse leg lunge. Hip raise I put my feet on a step up and lower upper body was on floor. All the pressure was on my hands they hurt afterwards. Now my thighs hurt.  I guess I did do something. smileEverytime I did a exercise my legs would tremble I feel my body is not ready for this. I only did four exercises and just because I pushed myself. I feel I don't have the right form either. How do I begin?  I took the whey protein shake after working out only. I drink it with milk. I want to gain muscle. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you🙌

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Great job on motivating yourself! cheesygrin If you feel sore after your workout, it means your exercise routine is working. Your muscles are strengthening. Do not push yourself too much and take breaks in between workouts. (Maybe taking a break for 2 days would be sufficient for you.) You can also experiment with different workout routines until you identify which routines are the most comfortable and then you can advance to other (more difficult) routines. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thank you👍 Great advice btw💖

• Posted

Hello, I'm a 23 year old female.

What I can recommend is exercising/doing sports with friends. I'm not interested in sports at all and I don't have any motivation do to so, even when I know it is good for my health and my weight. But last year I started sporting thanks to my boyfriend and girl friends. With my boyfriend I go squashing once a week and with my girl friends (we are with four people) we go Zumba dancing, also once a week. And I have to say, I still don't like sporting much, but I like doing it because I do it with my friends.

Greetings

Chelsy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.