How to stop a flare up?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can feel it starting in my throat!! How to put a stop to it? I didn't even eat anything wrong

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

First thing is to stop getting wound up. Take some acid medication and let it pass . it just happens sometimes
    • Posted

Great advise mine started 6 months ago long story short couldn't swallow. Did a endoscopy had mild esophagitis freaked out 6 months later getting anxiety and all sort of things. So just relax like jmcg said take meds and try and relax must of been stress. It's easier said then done but I'm starting g to relive the less you worry the better it gets.
  • Posted

Hello Mikayla.

An antacid medicine that you can buy without a prescription would be your best option for now. Not knowing what country you are in I don't know the names they would go by, but a pharmacy/drugstore person would advise you. It could be that you have developed or are developing an illness that has reflux/heartburn as a symptom, but the measures I wrote last time would still be worth trying. To see your doctor soon is what you should do, and tell them exactly when the trouble started, how often it happens and any other detail that will help them with your case.

Sometimes a person has an H. Pylori infection in their stomach which would be treated with antibiotics. But if you have, for example, developed some irritation of your stomach or eosophagus through stress, anxiety, maybe certain foods and attacks of heartburn, then that would need to heal, and your doc would help you with that.

I know you'll be in a bit of a state, for pain like this is truly awful. I've had over two years of gastritis trouble. Try not to be too stressed, though that will be a very hard thing for you not to be. Try the smaller meals and other advice that I gave you, and if you have any other queries you can post any time. So sorry you're suffering, but you're not alone.

• Posted

Thanks everyone. I tend to freak myself out. I have high anxiety. My doctor put me on Prilosec and Zantac. I stopped thinking about it and it went away 😁

I made an appointment with a gastroenterologist, so we will see how that goes. Before they were talking surgery. I've had girl since I was 15 and I am 20 now. It's hell! I want pizza! Lol

My anxiety doesn't help at all though. I always et myself worked up and make it worse!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.