How to stop squeezing and bursting Cysts,Boils,Blackheads etc

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have had inner thigh HS for over 8 years and I have a really really bad habit of squeezing and sticking needles in cysts and boils or sometimes I even get really big and thick lumps that just have blood in them which I can like feel them fall apart whenever I squeeze them? and they also bruise really easily, any advice?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi if you squeeze them you run the risk of further damaging your skin and can make the infections worse.   The scarring will also be much worse.  The only way to deal with them is to get ab's from your doctor.   If you have lumps which keep flaring up in the same place then a surgeon is best to incise them.  

Have you seen a dermatologist?  If not you need to ask for urgent referral.   But please for goodness sake stop sticking needing in them!   Squeezing up to a point is ok (but I don't know how you stand the pain)  but it's better to press gently on the outer edges to see if anything can drain out.  Sometimes this helps it heal and sometimes it makes it worse.  x

• Posted

I've had HS for many years! 8 surgeries. Stop sticking yourself and see a dermatologist. They can drain it or refer you to a surgeon. Squeezing and sticking makes the track run further. You also run the risk of infection from the needle. I'm on antibiotics right now. However you will find that certain foods contribute to the flare ups!
  • Posted

Hello Telami,

Lord I know it's hard and I am guilty of squeezing  myself but have learned it does NO GOOD and CAN BE Worse like cause infections to spread and make scarring even worse. Sticking needles in yourself is also dangerous and has got to hurt. This is why I don't go to the ER unless it is larger than golfball size and discolored. Even now my ER won't treat me for HS. Told me they didn't wnt to touch it and not to come back for it. SO....I found a Dr willing to help but it wasn't as easy as it sounds. It was very tough but you must keep looking!! smile And you really must QUIT touching them. If you feel the urge try and see if there is a way to get to a clinic, hospital, or Dr. The last thing you need on top of HS in an emergency room stay and or worse. Please take care-J

• Posted

Hi my doctor told me they don't like touching them when they are infected as incising them then can do more harm than good.   I am always given ab's to take the infection away

Apart from one I had which was quite a lot bigger than a golf ball and masively infected (I couldn't walk without huge pain).  .  I went to the doctor and he referred me to ER.  They did incise it but under a general anaesthetic and coz they still couldn't get rid of all the infection I had to have introvenous ab's and was in for 3 days.  

I think when it's that bad they have too because of the risk of blood poisoning.   I had to have it packed daily then every other day etc. for around 2 weeks by a nurse at the surgery.   x  

• Posted

Yes, I've gone through all that so can relate. My last surgery was 9/2013. Inner thigh and groin area. I have such severe outbreaks that my career ended at age 50 and i'm permanently disabled. I always get cyst on my buttocks too. My dermatologist have tried several antibiotics. Acitretin and minocycline are strong AB's. However along with bleach baths appear to be working. Outbreaks have decreased. However I also recently started reducing dark shade fruit and vegetables from my diet which appears to calm down the flare ups and irritation!
    • Posted

Hi did you mean to send this one to TelarniGoodwin again?  x
  • Posted

Thank you guys so much for all the advice and I am trying really hard to stop squeezing and stuff, I'm on the pill and my Dr said it should start to help, I also have baths with Salt and then blow dry with a hairdryer then clean with metho, I haven't been to a dermatoligist yet but I will hopfully in the near future! 

Another question is I have like really loose fat on my inner thighs and I can feel like the little fatty lumps and when I squeeze them they like break apart and the next day I have massive bruises..Do any of you guys get this?

• Posted

Hi I don't know but whatever they are you really must stop squeezing them as each time you do that your are causing more scarring and more importantly damage to the lower levels of your skin.  The more you do that the worse your HS will get as it creates more tunnels under your skin so infections can travel more easily.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.