How to stop the itch scratch cycle?

Posted , 6 users are following.

im sure if i could stop the scratching at night this would begin to heal. i seem to be allergic to all cream medication I've tried as it makes it worse. I end up with a big rash between the cheeks. The itch is so intense it's indescribable to someone who hasn't had it. I'd be interested to hear how others have handled this. It's destroyed my life the past couple of years and i can't go on anymore with this.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i only use wet toilet paper to wipe. I was miserable too. i finally have relief. Once in a while i use calamoseptine ointment which works well for me.

• Posted

Hi Annie, I understand your pain. the other comment regarding wet toilet paper worked for me as well. I used to clean my anus before I went to bed even if i hadnt been to the toilet, this helped me. I use a cream twice a day as well.....itch has all but gone.

Really hope thing ease up for you. I've had the same problem for 15 years but finally seemed to have beat it.

Good luck!

• Posted

Annie...what medication have you tried?Have you seen a doctor?

• Posted

thanks for everyones replies. Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. I'm on to my 6th doctor. This one has finally given me a referal to a dermatologist. Three have told me it's piles, the other three a rash. Have been prescribed antifungal creams, steriod creams, numbing creams, and ultraproct. So depressed that i hate life. Hoping i can get some answers soon

• Posted

I urge anyone with puritis ani to try Pranicura. It can be ordered online and was an absolute life saver for me. I am never without it.

• Posted

finally i got some answers on dr #7. I was tested for a few things. Turned out its been a dermatitis caused by possibly one or more of the creams i'd been prescribed by different drs for hemorrhoids and itching. Some steroid cream helped with that. But the main cause was butt thrush! She took a sample and it came back with a heavy growth of anal yeast infection. On a course of pills for this. If the itch was 100 before its now about a 3. Still following all the practises of using a bidet and not paper, and no scented soaps or gels. posting this in case it can help someone else

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.